Saturday, July 19, 2014

That's not how I planned it

Today was supposed to be my epic brick day in preparation for the San Luis Triathlon on July 27th. 

I was supposed to bike 20 miles and run 30 minutes which would have been about 2.75 miles for me. 

That didn't happen. 

Instead I drug my sorry ass to Urgent Care after getting off of work. Last night I didn't feel great. I thought it was the fact that I was actually working (running 911 calls) into the wee hours of the morning. I feel into my station bed at about 5am and awoke at 7am with right ear pain. 

Damn it. It wasn't bad but I have a history of middle ear infections which progress rapidly and get severe. Ruptured eardrum in the middle of a flight home from the Carribean and a trip to the worlds most ghetto Urgent Care in El Segundo severe. 

When the dizziness hit at 10am I headed to the Doc. An hour and a half later I was popping my first amoxicillin and praying for some relief from the pain. 

Now I am playing the waiting game and hoping the antibiotics are the right ones for this rounds of "wasn't I supposed to outgrow these things two decades ago!?!". 

I had secret wishes of a sub two hour tri. 800yard swim at <18 minutes, an hour for the 15mile bike and a hopefully easy 35 minute 5k. Now I'm hoping I finish without walking, especially walking in my cycling shoes. I know I still have a week to get my ass back in the game but right now it feels like any single part of the tri would have me laid out on the ground. 

On an unrelated subject I have had my weight creeping up on te scale. I have maintained my goal weight of 160-165 since December and when I hit 168 and held for a couple of weeks I went back to counting Weight Watchers points last Monday. 

I've counted them all. I am hoping to break even on points for the week but all I want to eat right now is a Jamba Juice and that will put me over. 

I have been playing with the idea of dropping another 10lbs and seeing if 150 will help improve my running efficiency but I just want to be back at goal. I know I am very good at gaining weight and getting rid of it. Maintaining is another beast entirely! 

More on this (hopefully tomorrow) but I am on day 7 of Erin Motz 30 day yoga challenge. I love it. I have made the time to hit the mat daily even squeaking in at 1130pm one night at work. 

Monday is supposed to be a day of "putting up with the sister" ;) and helping my sister can some of her surplus garden veggies. I'm still hoping that I will feel well enough for that! 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you can make it tomorrow! But if not I completely understand--I'd rather have you make it to the Tri next weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete