Monday, July 28, 2014

SLO Tri Preview


I did it! I swam, I biked, I ran and I just accidentally deleted the recap I spent an hour writing! Doh!

So in the interim here are some the highs and lows of my first triathlon.

Highs-
Hitting 32.7 mph on the bike!
No stomach issues
Finishing much stronger then I had been earlier
I finished ;)
Finishing something like this with my sister was even more awesome

Lows-
Delayed start without an adequate backup plan for hydration and nutrition lead to dehydration
Ripping headache due to dehydrating
Dropping my water bottle off the bike and having to stop for it
Walking much more then anticipated during the run 

So I will write an expanded version soon but overall it's done, it went ok and I can definitely improve for the next one!

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome!! And I love your attitude about the whole thing. Just think of the thousands of people you biked and ran past the other day. None of the accomplished what you did. And next year will be even better cause I might do it with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you would love it if you tri-ed it (hahahahahah)! Can't wait to Run Disney next month with you sissy!

      Delete